Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pyrex Serveware Sculptured 3-Cup Bowl, Clear with Blue Lid

Pyrex Serveware Sculptured 3-Cup Bowl, Clear with Blue Lid

Price: $6.99
Manufacturer: Pyrex
Buy from amazon.com

Pyrex Serveware sculptured 3-cup bowl with lid includes 1-each 3-cup bowl, 1-each 3-cup dark blue plastic storage cover. Serve your meals with style and elegance with a minimum of fuss, and reduce clean-up by using only one dish to bake, serve, and store! Pyrex products are convenient for serving and versatile enough to complement any table setting- from everyday to company. There's no substitute for Pyrex, the original glass bakeware. Introduced 90 years ago and made of a durable, high temperature material, Pyrex remains the ideal medium for safe, dependable food preparation.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #21923 in Kitchen & Housewares
  • Brand: Pyrex
  • Model: 6016046
  • Released on: 2005-04-01
  • Dimensions: 6.20" h x 3.50" w x 6.38" l, 1.60 pounds
  • Sculptured and fluted bowls bring style to the table
  • Practical for food preparation - beautiful for serving
  • Pyrex glass is non-porous, so it won't absorb food odors, food flavors or food stains
  • Pyrex glass is safe in the oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher
  • Made in the U.S.A.

Product Reviews

Great price, nice to be able to buy single bowl
I cook and freeze a lot of meals for my husband, who often works late. I won't use Tupperware or other plastic because I believe plastic can leach into food while microwaving, but Pyrex bowls of this size are hard to find in stores -- most stores have Pyrex baking sets with several containers that are too large or too small.

Finally, I can buy just these bowls, as many as I want, without getting stuck with other sizes I don't need. This is a great price for them, too -- on ebay, people want more, plus shipping!

You can trust Pyrex
It's been literally decades in coming for me, but I've finally given up on Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers. These pit and discolor in the dishwasher, no matter what the claims. In addition, some say it's not safe to microwave in them, and for sure you can't put them in the oven. I've always cooked casseroles in Pyrex, so I have no excuse for not using Pyrex for leftovers, other than I always thought it was a negative that they were breakable. But after replacing the Rubbermaid and Tupperware every few years, I have nothing to show for that either. The three-cup size is perfect for making dinner salads ahead of time, not to mention leftovers from two people. Shoot, in a pinch you could also use these for cereal bowls. I have other pieces, and I've never had to worry about the lids warping when going through the dishwasher either, unlike, again, Rubbermaid and Tupperware.

Handy Size
This works great to store in the fridge any leftover side dishes (rice, beans, a dab of vegetable. At another meal, I just set the lid ajar and zap it in the microwave. It's ready to go straight to the table. Very handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment